Enjoy the privacy and tranquility of a beautiful, high-end mediterranean style duplex in an exclusive community at the beach.
Featuring 4 large bedrooms 2 family rooms and all modern conveniences the house easily sleeps 7- 8 guests in comfort. All furnishings, appliances and equipment are of the highest quality, matching US/European standards, and in perfect working order.
Unlike most rental properties in the area, we have FAST Internet access. In fact we have 20 Mbps Fiber to the door, Wi-Fi throughout the house and one or more Ethernet ports in most rooms.
Two Smart TVs are connected to the Internet via in-building Ethernet wiring, so they don’t compete with your mobile devices for Wi-Fi access. You’ll be able to Skype to all your friends, while watching videos on multiple devices, concurrently – Absolutely no problem.
The Capaes gated community is one of the coast’s most exclusive gated communities, right on beach. It has over 3 acres of well-maintained grounds, a tennis court, playground and a small man-made salt water lake. In contrast to the crowded beaches of Salinas and Ballenita, residents of Capaes have a mile-long beach pretty much to themselves. Including decent reef and beach breaks when there’s a big swell from Nov through March.
This is one of four vacation homes that share common outdoor areas and swimming pool. Each home also has a private ground floor terrace and a roof terrace. Small parties are permitted, provided they are kept within the private areas.
Capaes is tranquility itself – off the beaten track but not too isolated. All you hear is the ocean and birds. Loads of birds! The occasional hummingbird, flocks of parakeets, swallows, buzzards circling on the thermals, owls at night, and of course, squadrons of frigate birds and pelicans gliding upwind and diving for fish all through the day, or hovering over a fishing boat looking for an easy steal. Butterflies and bees abound. You may get lucky and see our resident Iguana climbing in the tree or sunbathing on the terrace. From July to Sept you can watch whales from the top floor, with our telescope. Finally there’s the glorious sunsets! Aaahhh Corona time!
Take a close look at the Map and you’ll see Capaes is on the outskirts of Ballenita which just has recently enjoyed quite a lot of development including a new supermarket – the second biggest in the peninsula – just a mile from the house, and a new bus terminal for the entire peninsula just two miles from the house. La Libertad and Salinas are 15 and 25 mins respectively by car. Montanita is ~50 mins drive.
- Fabulous ocean views from every floor
- 3 mins walk to private, secluded beach
- Clean empty beach with rock pools at low tide
- 4 large bedrooms 2 with full en-suite bathrooms
- New high quality mattresses throughout
- 2 large family rooms on 1st and 3rd floors
- Comfortable Sofa-bed sleeps 2 (bonus in addition to 6 beds)
- Huge terrace roof garden with panoramic views
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Air-conditioning and / or ceiling fans throughout
- 4.5 bathrooms in total (two en-suite)
- Small security safe, for jewelry, passports etc.
- Excellent wardrobes and storage space
- Wi-Fi with high-speed Internet access in every room
- 2 Smart TVs – Netflix, Youtube and other Internet TV services
- Modern kitchen with all-new top appliances
- High-capacity fridge / freezer with tri-filtered water
- Large five point stove, oven and microwave
- Dishwasher, kettle, blender, rice cooker, toaster
- Huge laundry area equipped with washer and dryer
- Large swimming pool, baby pool and poolside area
- Hammocks, beach and pool toys
- Barbeque set available
- Child gates are provided for the top and bottom stairs
- Crib/Play pen, High-chair and changing table available if needed
- Plumbing and electric all in good working order
- Electricity and water included (surcharge over $100/month usage)
- English / Peruvian owners
- Friendly caretaker on duty 24 / 7 (can run errands)
- Trained, trustworthy maid service can be arranged (maids who know the house)
- Co-op Taxi service available
- The community has beautiful, well maintained grounds
- There is a shared tennis court, and we have rackets and balls
- There is a salt water lake, and a playground for kids
Minimum stay 7 days. Longer stays get better rates!